Welcome to the CJD Support Network website.
The CJD Support Network is a patient support group providing help and support for people with all strains of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, their carers and concerned professionals.
It also provides support for people who have been informed that they are at a higher risk of CJD through secondary transmission i.e. blood transfusion or surgical instruments.
Established in 1994 by relatives of people with CJD and is now recognised as the leading charity for all forms of CJD. Charity registration number 1097173
- Providing accurate, unbiased and up-to-date information about all forms of CJD through an expanding range of information sheets, leaflets and newsletters.
- Promoting good quality care for people with CJD, by providing training, workshops, conferences, and by encouraging the adoption of good practice guidelines
- Campaigning through regular contact with ministers and senior government officials
- Promoting research into CJD.
- Provides practical and emotional support to individuals affected by CJD and their families.
- Provides practical and emotional support for people who are informed that they are at a higher risk of secondary transmission CJD through a blood transfusion or surgical instruments.
If you have found the information on this website helpful
We are the lead Charity for all strains of Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease, but as a small Charity we are now totally dependent on public donations.
If you have found the information helpful on this website we would be grateful, if you feel able, to make a donation to the Network, however small.
Donating to the CJD Support Network is very easy. Just click on http://www.justgiving.com/cjdsupport/donate or past the link into the address bar of your browser.
Any donation you give, will be most gratefully received and will help us to provide accurate and up to-date information on all strains of CJD, maintain our 24 hour helpline and provide emotional and practical suport to people affected by CJD.